The #FightToWrite is an advocacy effort started to defend and assist writers and other media creatives in navigating the journalism industry. Started as a hashtag in response to unethical behavior and widespread misconduct by prominent media outlets that directly harmed freelance writer, our pledge is and will always remain to work in the to the best interest of any and all with a pen.
We now have a Twitter (@TheFightToWrite) and Slack channels on both the Journalists of Color and PRISM Collaborative communities. In addition to being an open forum for writers, we welcome and encourage any resources, support, and advocacy related to journalism or media consumption.
- Assist and support individuals in financial/content disputes with media institutions
- Contact outside parties on behalf of individuals and act as an intermediate
- Offer contacts and network support
- Publicly address issues within journalism/media
- Work toward reforming and countering discrimination, misconduct, and unethical practices within journalism – both systemic and individualized
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / @TheFightToWrite
Sign up to join The Fight To Write below. Membership in PRISM is not required.