The PRISM Collaborative is a Brooklyn, NY-based cooperative by artists and creators, for artists and creators. We launched in our first phase in 2017 as Prism Images, and officially relaunched as PRISM Collaborative Group in 2019. PRISM serves as an open and welcoming group for all creative artists of any discipline, creating a united media reputation and singular organization.
Now that we’re expanding in members, it is also time we expand in our organizational structure. Our five sections – Productions, Representation, Images, Sound and Media – each have eager and excited members ready to get to work on their craft and development.
We are home to two dozen unique artists and creators from endless mediums.
In that effort, we are expanding and externally looking for new members to join our cooperative and serve in a role of distinguished leadership. These roles are given to experienced, active participants or fans of the PRISM Collaborative. At this time, they are not paid, but in the near future we plan for them to be. As with all members of PRISM, no one member in any position or role has more power or superiority over another, as it is stipulated in our membership pact that we maintain equal or equitable balance for all members. Those fulfilling these roles, however, will have the freedom to craft or influence a growing brand or organization as they see fit.
Chantel K. Watts, the founder of FIFTY54 Magazine and Founding Member of PRISM Collaborative, has accepted the role of Executive Wordsmith of PRISM Media. In this role, Chantel will assist in leading and designing the editorial and operational structure of all PRISM Media projects, including PRISM Mag, FIFTY54, and The Renaissance Project. Creative writers, journalists, and multimedia artists will look to Chantel for assistance in their participation in PRISM.
A.A. Heron, Author and Founding Member of the PRISM Collaborative, has accepted the role of Assistant Curator of PRISM Media. In this role, A. A. will also lead and design the editorial and operational structure of PRISM Media, in addition to making executive decisions for Media programming, coordinating the journalistic and public relations reputation of PRISM, and curating the experience of PRISM Media. Creative writers, journalists, and multimedia artists will be under A. A.’s leadership and learn from his guidance.
And Sixx Lisman, Graphic Designer and Founding Member of the PRISM Collaborative, has accepted the role of Visionary Lead of Visual Arts, PRISM Images. In this role, Sixx will assist in managing all aspects of visual artistry in the PRISM Collaborative and lead the designing effort for all visual projects in PRISM Images. Visual Artists in PRISM will look to Sixx for guidance and advice on how to participate in PRISM-related projects.
Supporter of THiS PRISM Member, Project, or Story? Contribute Or Promote PRISM’s Crowdfunding Campaign!
If you are interested or know someone who would be great in a similar role, please take a look at our other available positions and have them contact us via e-mail or our contact page. These opportunities are especially primed for aspiring creators, freelancers, students, or those looking for volunteer experience in creative fields. At this time, all roles only require 3-5 hours of time per week.
- Assistant Curators, Productions; Representation; Images; Sound – Assistant Curators lead and design the structure of their designated section, make executive decisions for programming, coordinate and curate the experience of PRISM.
- PRISM Productions Coordinator – The Coordinator of PRISM Productions helps to organize and coordinate the video and film programming of PRISM and assists in executive decision making.
- Executive Repertoire, Artists; Executive Repertoire, Brand – Executive Repertoires are the leading, executive managers of talent and event representation under PRISM Representation. They assist in designing the organizational structure of all management and representative duties in the PRISM Collaborative.
- Visionary Lead, Apparel – The Visionary Lead of Apparel will assist in managing all aspects of apparel and fashion in the PRISM Collaborative and lead the designing effort for all fashion-related programming in PRISM Images.
- Sound Coordinator – The Coordinator of PRISM Sound helps to organize and coordinate the audio and music programming of PRISM and assists in executive decision making.
- Sound Executive Engineer – The Executive Engineer oversees all production and recording of audio in PRISM-related programming.
- Editorial Revolutionary, The Renaissance – The Editorial Revolutionary will be in charge of leading and managing all editorial aspects of The Renaissance Project, launching in August.